Akroma is a newly launched Crypto that is a fork of Ethereum with the addition of Masternodes and Oracles. These are two important terms we need to define:
Masternodes – While the implementation of Masternodes vary between different crypto currencies the general concept is that a Masternode is a full node with a set amount of currency (5000 Akroma in this case) locked that allows that node to perform a function on the network and receive a reward for performing those functions. Those functions can include instant transactions, budgeting, governance, creating privacy, etc.
Oracles – This one is a newer term to most people. Merriam-Webster Dictionary defines an oracle as “a person (such as a priestess of ancient Greece) through whom a deity is believed to speak.” This is spot on. A blockchain only knows what is on the blockchain, the oracle will provide access to information outside the blockchain.
There are several important upcoming events:
- Hard Fork at Block 300K.This hard fork will include the required code for Masternodes and will change the block reward to reflect this addition. The block reward after block 300K will be 7/2/1 (Miners/Masternodes/Akroma Foundation).
- March 1st, 2018 – Start of Masternode Alpha ProgramParticipation in the alpha program will be limited to a small group of participants chosen at random from the group of users that register for the alpha.
- Alpha program participants will receive 1% of the balance of the address holding the Masternode portion of the block reward to avoid unfairly rewarding participants chosen at random.
- Masternode alpha Program participants must have the 5K Akroma required to run a Masternode, must have access to a linux server (highly recommend a VPS such as Vultr, AWS, or Azure), should have basic linux command line ability, and should have some extra time each week to update and install software on the linux server.
- March 1st, 2018 – Expected publish date for the long-term roadmap.
- April 1st, 2018 – Start of Masternode Beta Program (Date May Not be 100% Accurate)Beta program participants will include all alpha participants and additional participants chosen at random from the group of users that register for the beta.
- Beta program participants will receive 5% of the balance of the address holding the Masternode portion of the block reward to avoid unfairly rewarding participants chosen at random.
- May 1st, 2018 – Open Masternodes (Date May Not Be 100% Accurate)Everyone holding the required amount of Akroma (5K) will be able to setup a Masternode.
- First two days will continue to utilize the 5% of the balance of the address holding the Masternode portion of the block reward.
- On the third day after open Masternodes are live the reward will be 6% of the total Masternode portion of the block reward, this will increase by 1% each day until the reward reaches 100%.
Akroma is already operating in mid-POW mid-POS, operation in which the Etherum will switch in 2019.
As a result, the network is already accepting Masternodes, which required 5k $AKA for being setting up.
The more Masternodes the network will have and the higher the quality of the network will increase, we can therefore hope that Akroma will really deliver on its promise of fluidity and speed.
As for the ease of access to the platform, only the future will tell us whether or not companies are joining.
Anyway, the will of the Team to make all this accessible is there, as well as its accessibility on the different social networks where we can quickly get answers and dialogue with them.
The roadmap is not very well-equipped, but for the moment the objectives are met within the announced deadlines, which is always better than thousand of broken promise.
One of this promise is the mobile wallet which is available on the playstore.
Be a part of this incredible project. Download the whitepaper for the full scoop.
Till next time…
For more information, please visit:
Website – https://Akroma.io
Discord – https://discordapp.com/invite/KWC8wtT
Blog – https://medium.com/akroma
Twitter – https://twitter.com/akroma_io
Facebook : https://www.facebook.com/AkromaIO
Github – https://github.com/akroma-project/
My BitcoinTalk Profile: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=1326035
Disclaimer: This article was published in terms of the bounty campaign. I am not a project team member or its representative but a supporter of this incredible project.