ALIGATO: Making E-commerce Safer
It is estimated that global retail E-commerce sales will reach 4.5trillion dollar by 2021. That is an increase of 246.15% in the worldwide E-commerce sales from 1.3trillion in 2014 to 4.5trillion dollar in 2021. That is a threefold increase in online revenue. Numbers this large are often mind boggling and hard to wrap heads around.
China is leading the way in market share with 15.9% of the total worldwide E-commerce sales, which is equivalent to 672,000,000,000 dollars in a year sale, followed by the United States with 340billion dollar. In Poland, E-commerce sales has reached 45,000,000,000PLN – 50,000,000,000PLN in 2018.
With the increase in the number of online sales, hence the increase in number of shipment. In 2016 alone, the common dissatisfaction reported by customers, happened to be delay in shipment of product they purchased. To tackle and minimize this long delay, an anticipated improvement, which is the introduction of drone, can shorten the shipment time even up to several hours.
Aligato 2.0 is a platform based on blockchain technology aims to allay some challenges facing the Ecommerce industry. Some of these challenges are buyer’s skepticism if the product the want to buy comply with the specification and whether their payment and personal data will be safe. On the other hand, sellers are not certain of the origin of the products, they are fearful of its quality and authenticity, absence of which could cause loose of credibility and hence financial loses. Aligato will adapt the following facilities to make Ecommerce ecosystem safe for both buyers and sellers;
• All data about products and origin will be placed on blockchain to allow potential buyers to verify the authenticity of the product before purchase. It also helps in finding the exert product that meets buyer’s requirement more accurately as well as finding suppliers with the same product at a cheaper price.
• Ecommerce platform has large number of users, hence large amount of data is exchanged. With the data record based on blockchain this will reduce the number of processes and prevent the need of repeating data entry frequently, also eliminate the risk of data loss.
• Better mutual verification of buyers and sellers will reduce the risk inherent with transactions and the security provided by blockchain technology will reduce the risk of theft of personal and financial data of Aligato users.
• Aligato will allow payment with all the payment system available today, also purchase can be paid using the most popular cryptocurrencies and AligatoCoin.
• Using AligatoCoin within the platform will guarantee the user much lower cost of using and servicing the website, especially sales fees, at the same time allowing them to be exchange directly for the cryptocurrencies or fiat currencies.
Features of Aligato 2.0 Platform
• Aligato delivery drone: one of the main services to be delivered by fully functional Aligato 2.0 platform is creation of delivery system with the use of autonomous drones. This system will operate for business-to-consumer (B2C) and consumer-to-consumer (C2C) lines, shipment up to one hundred kilograms will be delivered to customer’s door step using this method.
• Aligato artificial intelligence: simplicity of service is very important, especially from the technical standpoint, Aligato plans to become a very intuitive platform. The users that will work with the platform, will be guided by an automated management system. The system will observe the user’s behavior and learn to work with them.
• System pay via Eye: one of the unique and innovative part of the project is the implementation of the pay via eye payment system for its needs, i.e., approval of transactions by means of iris scan. The team plans to implement PvE technology using the right algorithms from existing devices, creating its own scanner to run PvE as one of the available payment method on the Aligato 2.0 platform. In order to strengthen security of transaction, payment with PvE will require additional authorization (2FA).
For further information in the project, please visit any of the following links;