How to Troubleshoot Flashing Command Prompt Screen Error?
If the Command Prompt box is flashing again and again on your Windows 10 screen, keep in your mind, it is not a malware or virus who are trying to steal your personal information though it’s an error message that indicates that your Microsoft Office 365 is creating a problem on your system. This Flashing Command Prompt Screen error has been encountered by several Windows 10 users.
Generally, this error message might be pop-up on your screen by two programmed tasks which are associated with Microsoft Office software. They are as follows:
- Office Background Task Handler Registration
- Office Background Task Handler Logon
However, your system is completely updated, if you still receiving the Flashing Command Prompt screen error, probably because your computer system is infected with some malicious software. Another cause for behind this error is that it connected with the antivirus software itself. While some third-party tools are not working properly or not suitable for your computer. Thus, disabling the antimalware software might help you in troubleshooting the error. For troubleshooting this Flashing Command Prompt error, follow the steps discussed below:
Steps to Troubleshoot Flashing Command Prompt Screen Error
To troubleshooting the Flashing Command Prompt screen error, you have to follow the below-given steps. But before continuing with steps, we recommend you to follow the steps in ascending order. Here how to do it:
Method-1: Joining the Office Insider
- Launch the Office 2016 application on your system.
- After that, tap on the File option.
- Next, Press the “Account” tab.
- Under the Account page, click on the “Office Insider” option.
- Now, choose and tap the “Join Office Insider” option.
- Then, look for the option “Sign me up for the early access to latest releases of Office”.
- Lastly, choose the “Insider Slow” level.
- Finally, click on the OK tab to complete the enrollment process.
Once done, check for the updates and the office 365 installation and then install the latest available version in the Slow Ring.
Method-2: Ensure Your System is Updated
While updating the Windows, remember that Windows can be easily downloaded and installed very easily through Settings.
- Firstly, right-click on the “Start” button and opt the “Settings” option.
- Navigate to the “Update & Security” tab.
- Click on the “Check for Updates” tab located in the right panel of the screen.
- Wait until the Windows downloads and install all the updates.
- After finished, reboot your computer system to save all the changes.
Method-3: Disable Automatic System Restart
If the above given methods were not working, then try to disable the Automatic system restarts. This might helps you in fixing the error. Here how to do it:
- Press the “Start” icon, go the “My Computer” option.
- Scroll down the menu, select “Properties” option.
- After that, pick the “Advanced” tab.
- Now, a “Startup and Recovery” option appears on the screen, select the “Settings” option.
- Lastly, under the System Failure tab, uncheck the “Automatic System Restart” box.
Jack Tucker is a Microsoft Office expert and has been working in the technical industry from last 10 year. As a technical expert, he has written technical blogs, manuals, white papers, and reviews for many websites such as office.com/setup.