Know Your ICO
Let’s start with the basics. (If you know your onions, you may want to skip this part). There are a thousand Initial Coin Offerings (ICOs) out there. Some call them Token Generation Events (TGEs). Others may refer to them as Token Sales. Vitalik Buterin (Ethereum’s founder) even mooted a variation called an Interactive Coin Offering at one point. Truth be told, they’re all pretty much the same thing — as far as terminologies go. But the reality is each one is very different from the next. But what exactly are they?
- For entrepreneurs, they’re an opportunity to raise the money needed to complete the technology they’re building.
- For ICO participants, they offer something far more intriguing: the chance to purchase a newly created cryptocurrency.
Instead of buying shares (as you would in an IPO), with an ICO, participants contribute funds into a decentralized ecosystem, and are awarded ‘tokens’ when the fundraising period is over. Those tokens are pegged to a particular cryptocurrency (Ethereum in Opu’s case, as we’re making use of smart contract functionality, which ensure the secure exchange of data).
Buyers bank on future demand for the tokens; which is driven by the technology’s ability to attract a critical mass of users.
So, despite all the mania around ‘get rich quick’ schemes (which are almost always too good to be true), the fact remains that if the technology is a) solid and b) solves a real-world pain point for a particular sector, the greater the chances of success will be for the token. And an ICO is a chance to get in on the ground floor.
Down To Business: Opu’s ICO
As you probably know, our background is health and wellness: skincare specifically. Because we’ve seen where the industry falls short; we’ve decided to build a platform that helps to alleviate some of the key pain points (try out our demo platform to see for yourself).
The reason we’re doing this using Ethereum blockchain technology is because one of the biggest issues the skincare sector faces is reliable information. In order to create skincare solutions that have tried and true results, dermatologists need accurate data from a range of different patients. However, a lot of people, across the world, don’t have access to professional dermatological advice; they rely on the advice of friends, family, or anyone else with an alleged ‘miracle cure’
In a nutshell, the ecosystem we’re creating will bring together everyone who plays a role in the skincare industry. We’re building a suite of services to facilitate the required interactions, alongside a mechanism that ensures the secure exchange of data (you can read more about the specifics in our whitepaper — or even our previous blog post).
The platforms we’re building
To take part in the pre-sale, or register for the ICO, sign up on our website(click the “Join Pool 1” button at the top of the home page). You’ll also get regular updates via our Telegram channel, where our admins are happy to offer advice and answer questions.
Reasons to Participate in Opu’s ICO
- Opu is the first of its kind platform for the skincare industry. It is a unique app that combines the power of blockchain technology with a robust rewards model.
- Opu’s combination of AI, skin analysis and blockchain is what allows us to offer best in class analysis and treatment options
- OPU coin will be the pioneer digital currency of the skincare market. It will power the ecosystem that runs on the robust blockchain network.
- The platform is driven by AI & big data technology, a skin analysis engine, an e-Commerce function and community support. This automatically gives Opu an edge in the global skincare industry.
- OPU coin will generate a high value in the US$121 billion global market, which has been largely neglected due to structural inefficiencies of companies operating in multiple regions.
- As an individual, not only will you be rewarded with OPU coin for completing various tasks, but you will also be able to earn coins when reach your skincare goals. Moreover, the Opu coin can be held, traded, or simply stored in your e-wallet.
- The Opu platform is powered by the Ethereum blockchain network.
- Opu’s team is a diverse and multi-talented group of professionals with a variety of different strengths — including healthcare and blockchain expertise.
— — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — –
For more information about Opu Labs’ ICO, visit: http://ico.opu.ai/
- Read our Whitepaper: http://ico.opu.ai/whitepaper
- Join our Telegram group: https://t.me/opulabs
- Catch us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/opulabs
- Follow us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/OpuLabs/
- Check us out on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/opulabs/
- Connect with us on Reddit; https://www.reddit.com/r/opulabs/
- Read what we’re saying on Medium: https://medium.com/opu-labs