Persona — Represents The Solution For Identity Management, Aligned With The Latest Data Protection R
Each day, millions of individuals share personal data with various parties, starting from using cloud providers or smartphones with the localization option active and going forward to the relation each has with their respective service providers.
Each individual is the de facto owner of their data. Therefore, in order to have access to a service or device, they need to explicitly agree to share it. The party entrusted with this kind of data is supposed to take all the necessary actions in order to protect it. In the past year there have been numerous issues when large corporations collecting data about individuals, failed to handle them correctly. Often, this data ended up in the hands of hackers. For example, in 2017, Equifax, a large consumer credit reporting agency in the US was hacked, and over 143 million social security numbers were compromised.
Persona uses ARCH blockchain technology and other state-of-the-art technologies to offer secure and complete identity solutions. This product is in line with GDPR requirements and provides a secure means of storing, sharing, and processing data.
Persona is designed as a decentralized app without a single point of failure, storing all encrypted records Individuals have control over the granularity of the details they want to share, with whom they share it and for how long. With the launch of Bitcoin at the end of 2009, Satoshi Nakamoto offered a glimpse of the technology underlying his network’s decentralization, blockchain.
Persona represents the solution for identity management, aligned with the latest data protection regulations. Its scope is to empower the customer and grant him/her the control over their personal data as well as the means to secure access to their private details.
By using Persona, the individual spends less time updating their data and service providers can access the latest version of the customer data.
The main goals of Persona are:
- To utilize the identity of management services for individuals based on what blockchain technology can offer.
- To protect individual personal details. Although it is clear that individuals need to provide details to their various entities
- have no control over it afterwards share. Persona puts people back into the driver’s seat.
- Empower each person and to give them power on what it shares and with whom when it comes about their personal identity and details.
- Allowing entrusted third parties who with personal details enrich their services by offering trust as service.
- To prevent false news, by providing a decentralized identity management system, Persona will provide the level of trust we all need when we rely on news Based on the public Persona profile of any creator, we can track the news to the source.
- To streamline the onboarding process since someone may have been checked by some of the listed entities in the system
The main points offered by blockchain technology:
1. Replace the middleman: There is no need for a trustworthy side, which can and can be trusted by both parties involved in the transaction.
2. Decentralization: there is no single point of failure, when attacking network is almost impossible.
3. Immutability: records written in blockchain exist forever,can not be changed
Persona utilizes the blockchain feature, enabling companies to offer KYC services to third parties and benefit from their respective services. Verification The process has two levels: Community and Professional KYC.
KYC Persona Type
The first level is represented by the community where the identity is checked by
friends of the same age. This is a joint effort, in which people are encouraged to validate each other’s identity. They must confirm the authenticity of the documents and the identity of the person applying for review. People who offer verification services will be shown on the Persona website. They will be rewarded for verification services by accepting PRS. The threshold for verification is illustrated below
The instructions are divided into several levels, based on the number of verifications they provide. The maximum percentage a person can get with verified by the community is 90%. The remaining 10% can only be achieved once a private partner (institution, utility provider or company) acknowledges the validity of the data.
Based on their Persona activity and shares, the individual who verifies the service to someone else, can go up to 30%. This means one can only see 3 people who can offer a 30% approval rate to achieve a 90% verification rate.
The list of documents required to provide KYC is:
- ID or passport or government issued document (original document)
- Copy or picture your ID
- Bank statement or invoice that proves where you live
The documents will then be stored in the IPFS and signed by both parties checkers and checks, each time the person is checked. KYC professionals represent the processes experienced by individuals when they involve entities that require the identity verification process. This entity, once.
Architectural Technology (blockchain design)
Persona will use Blockchain (Distributed Ledger Technology) technology to manage user permissions, approval transactions and identity proofs. We will deploy our own blockchain, called “The Persona Blockchain” which has the following characteristics:
- DPOS blockchain with 51 branching delegates from capchain ark (ark.io)
- Blockchain will be public and will feature interoperability with other blockchains through Smart Bridges. Smart Bridge allows blockchains to communicate between interconnected information and the other way distributed.
- Persona will integrate natively, at the blockchain level, a solution such as IPFS sharing documents and files between users.
The case of Persona GDPR usage
GDPR represents the European Regulation, whose intent is to strengthen, to unify and act as an equalizer on data protection for all individuals in European level. It was elected and adopted in April 2016 with a 2 year transition period, effective from 25 May 2018.
Possible consequences of non-compliance with GDPR for companies are:
1. Position and notoriety Risk — Implementation of GDPR rules with the obligations set out to inform the authorities when any data Violations occur, will result in increased law enforcement activities. The first affected is the company’s market position and reputation, which will be compromised.
2. Geographical Risk — The new regulations cover all companies and
organizations that offer goods and / or services to the EU market or that
monitor the behavior of EU citizens to offer goods and / or services. Here also included all data analysis companies
3. Sanctions — Significant penalties of up to 4% of annual global turnover or € 20 Million, whichever is greater will apply to companies that fail to comply with GDPR’s new rules.
Calendar / Token sales schedule
- Private Sale: 15.12.2017–15.01.2018
- General Sales I: 23.01.2018–30.01.2018
- General Sales II: 01.02.2018–08.02.2017
- General Sales III: 09.02.2017–16.02.2018
- Token Distribution: 30.03.2018
Persona Token (PRS)
The number of seeded tokens will be 100,000,000 PRS. The price for one PRS token is $ 0.2 The total allocation for 100,000,000 PRS is:
70,000,000 PRS is allocated to TGE. 15.000.000 PRS is allocated to a team consisting of the founders. tokens allocated to the team will be held for a period of three years, broken into annual payments as follows:
- 10% in genesis;
- 30% after 12 months
- 30% after 24 months
- 30% after 36 months
- 12.000.000 PRS allocated for Persona Startup Fund
- 1,000,000 PRS is allocated to advisors. The tokens allocated to the advisor shall be employed within a period of 6 months
- 2,000,000 PRS allocated for the gift
There are 70,000,000 PRS allocated to TGE, divided into one General Sales and General Sales three stages, as illustrated below
Stefan has extensive experience in the financial sector. He has been working for ABN Amro and the Royal Bank of Scotland, where he was part of major projects such as migrating to a new core banking system and implementation of the internet banking application.
He was, until recently, part of Innovation team of Societe Generale European Business Services shared service center and starting with October 2017 decided to focus more on developing the ARK blockchain platform, which now takes most of his time, together with Persona. In his free time, he learns about dinosaurs from his 4.5-year-old son.
Ioana has found the perfect balance in life by combining her vocation of creating comprehensive software with her avocation of addressing the world’s humanitarian needs. She loves taking up challenges while developing and growing innovative projects into real-life products.
Previously, she was a consultant at IBM within the Business Analytics and Optimization division and an Analytics and Machine Learning Engineer within the Parametric Technology Corporation (PTC).
Ioana has dual degrees in Computer Science and Information Engineering and in Secondary Education Teaching from the Polytechnic University of Bucharest.
Dan is an experienced tech entrepreneur, cryptocurrency enthusiast and a blockchain developer implementing smart-contracts applications on Ethereum for numerous ventures raising capital through Initial Coin Offerings (ICOs).
Since 2011, Dan is the founding CEO of Under Development Office, a boutique mobile, and blockchain development company. Starting from defining the concept and functionalities, writing the white paper and/or business plan, defining the full IT architecture and working towards a Minimum Viable Product (MVP), Dan and his team have the capabilities to be a trusted partner while bridging the gap between a great idea and real-life applications.
Website : https://persona.im/
Whitepaper : https://persona.im/#whitepaper
Twitter : https://twitter.com/PersonaIam
Telegram : https://t.me/personablockchain
Profile Bitcointalk : https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=1021232