STREAM SPACE – A Space For Streaming Video On Blockchain
StreamSpace intends to launch an innovative platform and community that will link creative, independent filmmakers with audiences that seek out quality, edgier film experiences. There are nine key components to the StreamSpace platform:
* Secure storage method of the video content, based in part on Protocol Labs’ IPFS. StreamSpace holds a provisional patent on its method for secure storage.
* Blockchain transaction ledger for enhanced transparency and security.
* Front-end decoder and embedded HTML5 player optimized for video streaming, initially on PCs, followed by the most popular consumer video consumption clients: Apple iPhone, Android smartphones, and SVOD portals connected to HDTVs (including Google Chromecast, Roku, Microsoft Xbox, Apple TV, Amazon Fire, etc.).
* Content recommendation engine that helps consumers discover new content that fits their tastes, based on viewing habits and reviews /ratings. Our goal is to lift the restrictions which currently inhibit discoverability by consumers.
* Secure digital wallet so consumers and filmmakers can manage their accounts and stored assets with confidence. A unique digital wallet format will allow the account value to be held in StreamShare tokens (SSH) and will support transferring to fiat or other digital currencies. A second digital wallet will be created to reward the individuals who support the network by offering storage capacity for content. This second token system will be called StreamSpace Coins (SPC), which will be convertible to SSH
* Private token exchange that monitors the market value of SPC and SSH tokens, enables the financial transactions between consumers and filmmakers, and converts between fiat currency and StreamShares or between StreamSpace Coins and StreamShares, and then back to fiat currency whenever the filmmaker elects to “cash out” transactions.
* Community-focused front end for filmmakers to upload their products to StreamSpace’s environment, set prices, and analyze statistics about the popularity or reviews of their content.
* Social media channels that link filmmakers to each other and to their audiences. A key element of StreamSpace’s strategy is to give filmmakers the ability to circumvent the studio-driven promotion system and control their own marketing. Social media channels represent the most economical and innovative way for filmmakers to connect with their potential audiences around the world.
* Initial Coin Offering / Token crowdfunding campaigns for new film projects on behalf of filmmakers that are interested in this uncommon technique for raising the funds necessary for a small or mid-budget film project. StreamSpace anticipates that many independent filmmakers will be interested in working with us to raise between $100,000 and $1 million to finance new projects.
Blockchain and decentralization: how does it work at StreamSpace?
Decentralization is a very innovative and interesting service that is in beta testing phase. Let’s put in a background. Five years ago bitcoin was born, a revolutionary idea centered on a totally new concept, the chain of blocks or blockchain. There are not many who follow the progress of this cryptocurrency, but those who do see how the authentically revolutionary is not the currency itself but the blockchain technology. This element has already been recognized by important people in the technological world, as one of the great advances in the creation of the Internet. Well, I’m not going to talk about bitcoin or the chain of blocks, these concepts are somewhat complicated and require separate entries where we will address the issue. One of the easiest ways to explain the operation of blockchain is through a financial transaction, simulating a transfer from source.
Potential of the StreamSpace project
* Online forms to help complete and submit IMDb metadata, so filmmakers can stay in the StreamSpace environment as they upload and launch their film projects into the market.
* Linked social media channels and promotion tools to attract audiences and build the filmmakers’ reputations and popularity.
* Networking opportunities across the filmmaker communities, including opportunities to share tools and techniques, learn about new technologies and build audiences.
* Support for additional video content classes, including animation / anime, live stream content, music videos, trailers and other short form content associated with films, immersive content such as virtual reality or interactive content, etc.
For Film Viewers
* Increased viewing options including more supported screen sizes or SVOD thin client options as well as potential offline viewing options.
* Opportunities to engage with the filmmakers through reviews / ratings, “behind the scenes” extras, or forum / chat room engagements.
* Improved algorithms for superior recommendations.
* Expansion of the genre choices to include films, shorts, anime, music videos, or other video content from a wider variety of countries, including China, India, Korea, and Japan.
* Potential new film formats, including virtual / augmented reality or immersive content and interactive film experiences as mentioned above
Planned Level and Use of Funds
The maximum distribution will be the sale of 40% of the total number of issued tokens, or 400 million SSH out of 1 billion total tokens. StreamSpace is aware of the potential securities laws associated with this type of fundraising mechanism, and is making every effort with our legal counsel to comply.
The remaining tokens are reserved for running the film marketplace and the expenses associated with building the content library. We expect that we will have to “buy” some of the content necessary to build an audience, offering guarantees to film makers. StreamSpace will scale the rate of hiring and other expenses commensurate with the amount of funds that are raised. The expected expense profile will be as follows:
TOKEN PRICE IS $0.23 USD
Token sale progress: 69,135,875.45 SSH sold
TIMING ICO: January 15, 2018 to February 27, 2018
OFFERING SIZE ICO: 250 million StreamShares (SSH)
PRICE ICO: Price increases by $0.01 per day
Funds held in Multi-Signature Wallet
The minimum purchase in ETH & BTC is $25. The minimum for all USD payments is $1,000. There is no maximum. You can buy SSH with Bitcoin, Ethereum and US Dollars. StreamSpace, LLC will withhold 600 million tokens for basic operation of the platform.
The StreamSpace solution in its first iteration will feature basic functionality of the first eight technical components noted above. The ninth element of the solution, ICO/Token crowdfund campaign support, will be offered on an as-needed basis, based on the level of interest from filmmaker customers along with availability of StreamSpace technical support resources. Subsequent iterations of the StreamSpace solution may continue to expand and refine the functionality for both filmmakers and for consumer film aficionados
For more information please check:
Bitcointalk Profile: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=1204319