The Zero Carbon Project is tackling climate change using the blockchain and international carbon credits.
Renewable energy has responded well to the climate change challenge, with impressive cost reductions achieved. However, we are concerned that renewables remain too expensive and so the impact on carbon emissions is slow.
The Zero Carbon Project has 2 parts:
- deliver energy at a lower price than existing renewable and fossil fuel energy contracts; and
- to entice people to use the Zero Carbon Project, provide a blockchain-driven incentive scheme to reward consumers for engaging with the Zero Carbon Project and encourage consumer action.
The first part of our solution consists of a competitive ‘Zero Carbon Market’ which provides consumers access to cheaper energy contracts where the carbon emissions have been offset by international carbon credits.
Secondly, our blockchain economy is based on Energis tokens that have been designed to capture the future value that customers receive form our Market. This is enabled using the distributed ledger, Ethereum smart contracts and crypto exchanges.
Energis tokens are underpinned by concrete value as energy suppliers must use them to pay their transaction fees for using our Market. Therefore, as our consumer base grows, the demand for Energis tokens increases, constrained by a fixed supply.
We intend that up to 70% of the transaction fees received by the Zero Carbon Project will be ‘recycled’ and provided to consumers as rewards for engaging with the Zero Carbon Project. Energy suppliers and consumers (“Customers”) can sell Energis tokens to other customers, including energy suppliers who purchase them to pay transaction fees. This is the Energis economic cycle.
PROGRESS ACHIEVED TO DATE
We have been actively building the Zero Carbon Market over the last year. This includes building the Project team, completing the systems, designing the Energis smart contracts and registering energy suppliers in the UK. Our UK Market is now complete and ready for launch in October 2018. This will be followed by a global roll out in 2019.
TRACK-RECORD OF INNOVATION AND EXECUTION
The Zero Carbon Project is a subsidiary of Beond www.beondgroup.com which is an award-winning energy and carbon consultancy based in London. Beond is a team of 30 energy market professionals who are passionate about helping clients achieve their ambitions and also about tackling global climate change, through the application of new technologies. Our core values are integrity, innovation and quality.
Beond services over 600 energy consumers in UK including Knight Frank, Capita, The Salvation Army and Salford County Council, and has received eight awards over the last three years covering innovation, green business and consultancy services.
HOW ZERO CARBON MARKETS WORK
Suppliers of zero carbon energy can source from fossil fuels but pay a small premium to offset the carbon emissions using international carbon credits.
To cover the carbon offset premium in order to beat fossil fuel prices, our Market applies intense competition by attracting a wide range of suppliers to Market with their best zero carbon energy prices, tailored specifically to our consumers size, location and usage pattern.
- Suppliers submit their best zero carbon energy offers
- Offers are compared transparently using like-for-like comparisons, using an online switching system for households and an online reverse auction system for business.
- Consumers select their preferred cheapest contract option across our Market.
- The consumer completes the contract directly with the successful energy supplier.
HOW THE ENERGIS TOKEN ECONOMY WORKS
Energis tokens have been designed to be valuable in order to provide the catalyst for change and provide incentives for consumers to contribute towards tackling climate change.
Smart contracts have been deployed to the blockchain to manage the use and flow of Energis token transactions in the Energis economy.
TOTAL ENERGIS TOKEN SUPPLY
The total supply of Energis tokens will remain at 240 million.
Energis tokens will be allocated as follows:
- 15% or 36 million will be retained by Beond and will vest as set out below
- 2.0% or 4.84 million will be distributed to team members and partner advisors
- 2.4% or 5.83 million will be distributed for bounties and bonuses
- 51.4% or 121.33 million will be distributed as part of the token sale
- 30% or 72 million will be retained in the reward pool to be distributed as rewards for consumption of zero carbon energy.
As presented in the following chart:
BEOND VESTING TOKENS
Energis tokens owned by Beond will be held in escrow. 25% or 9 million tokens will be released upon completion of the mainsale round. The remaining tokens will be released in equal batches of 25% or 9 million tokens every six months thereafter.
ALLOCATION OF PROCEEDS
For more information, please visit:
Bounty Telegram: http://t.me/zerocarbonbounty
Author: Crator Touch
My Bitcointalk Profile: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=1612381